I've had severe puking ever since I was 16 weeks

Patient : I've had sevre puking ever sense I was 16 weeks and my doctor put me on Ondansetron and im 31 weeks now. I've been seeing commercials about it causing birth defects. I was wondering what you think of the pill?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Ondaensetron is a strong antiemetic which is used to control chemotherapy-induced vomi ting but safer in pregnancy from the second trimester onwards and can be used in cases of hyperemesis gravidarum. As you had crossed your first trimester when it started, there are higher chances of birth defects, so it's use shouldn't cause any anomalies in the foetus. This may have already been confirmed during the level 2 scan. I hope this helps. Regards