Ive had this rash for years Its only on my


Q: Ive had this rash for years. Its only on my arms and shoulders and very infrequently upper/outer thighs. Its very itchy. It looks like small spaced out red bumps somewhat similar to acne including the puss that cimes out IF i squeeze one of the bumbs. The rash often scabs and always leaves scars. My doctor told me what it was though now i cant remember. He also said theres no way to treat it besides calamine lotion when it itches. Can someone please tell me what this could be?

Symptoms:  Itching, redness, rash-like bumps,scarring.

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that you have a simple allergic reaction due to some substance in the environment. You can try taking tablet Levocet once a day for 3 days to see if it helps you. Wishing you the best. If you do not get better, please see a Doctor.

Hope this helps you.

Related Q&A

Q: If me and my partner have scabies can we have sex ??

Q: I have a Skin Condition under my Armpits. I think it might be scabies, but I am not sure. I need you to take a look a...

Q: My son was having a bath and all of a sudden he started to get a rash on his ankles and legs looked like the same kin...

Q: I have red bumps on my body they itch and also burn in the shower

Q: Hi I have some small cuts in my groin. It looks like the skin split and a bit of a rash. I did have sex with a con...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon