I've had this redness on front of tongue sometimes kind

Q: I've had this redness on front of tongue sometimes kind of feels like I burned it. Pain isnt that bad its just worrisome. I had thrush about a month half ago. Not real sure why. Im a smoker and do seem to stress a lot.. I have only had one sexual partner for 26 yrs. Someone dis kiss me about 17 months ago. So now im freaking out thinking hiv because thats all ive been reading about on thrush. Should I be scared?

It looks like you have developed an aphthous ulcer which is common in smokers and people who have a lot of stress. Also, it is associated with gastritis and looks like you have gastritis too as you are on omeprazole. Kindly consider consulting a dentist and get an examination done. You should also rule out HIV and other opportunistic infection since you have a history oof oral thrush as well. There is nothing to panic, the test is only to rule out the HIV and it will reassure you and reduce the stress if negative. Maintain oral hygiene and please quit smoking at the earliest. You will also need a course of vitamin supplements.

Hope this helped.

Patient: Thank you so much for your reply, my doctor did do blood work and hiv test and thank God came back good all of it did. She thinks it may be caused from the acid problem as well. I will mention the other thing to her. Thank you so much