I've had what I'm pretty sure was the flu

Patient : I've had what I'm pretty sure was the flu for the past week. Symptoms began at work on Sunday. Achy body. Same Monday. Tuesday sneezing all day, constant runny nose. Body achy. Fever, chills. Stayed in bed all day Tuesday and Wednesday with those symptoms. Woke up early Thursday morning soaking wet early in the a.m. And fell back asleep to awaken feeling much better. Finally had some solid food. Obviously felt weak and a little congested. Then again this morning woke up at 5 a.m. Soaken wet again. Feeling a better but not 100%... Are these night sweats normal? It's kind of scary
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Sure, your symptoms are very much indicative of a flu. You have body ache, runny nose, s neezing, fever and all. Sweating so much can be due to flu as seen in some patients, but since you have problem for more than a week, I think a few investigations of blood, urine and clinical evaluation by a Doctor will be a better idea. This will either confirm any other cause explaining the chills or rule out and you get a chance to get proper antibiotic cover if needed to treat or to avoid secondary infection. I hope this answer helps you.