Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’ve recently had unprotected sex Within 2 weeks the foreski

I’ve recently had unprotected sex Within 2 weeks the foreski

Patient: I’ve recently had unprotected sex. Within 2 weeks the foreskin near the head of my penis began to peel followed by patch redness. It’s itchy and tingling at times.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.You seem to have developed an infection of the penis which could be a fungal infectio n. The other cause could be an inflammation due to vigorous sex. Dry skin around the penis can also cause similar symptoms.You must wear cotton undergarments and loose fitting clothing. Avoid nylon undergarments. You can also apply a vitamin E cream over the area. However, kindly consult a surgeon for an examination and specific treatment.Hope this helped.Regards