I've started getting this flashing light/aura since I was 13

Patient

Q: I've started getting this flashing light/aura since I was 13 and am now 15. I recently found out that these weird flashing lights and painful headaches was actually a migraine and found this out from my school nurse 2 months ago. I've been getting migraines all this time. The first time I remember getting my migraines I was getting numb hands and flashing light in my eye and terrible headache. I was also cold and nauseus. I've gradually started getting these migraines for once a month now and have no idea why I'm getting migraines. I always getting migraines 2 hours after I wake up (i check the time) and this bothers me mainly at school and I am always going to the nurse's office. Please help me understand why I'm getting these aura migraines and why they are coming at the same time once a month. The migraine used to come once in a year and slowly came every few months and now is every month and am scared it will come every week.

Doctor