Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > IVF procedure wanted to conceive again

IVF procedure wanted to conceive again

Patient: I have a problem of PCOS and my husband has a problem of azoospermia and i have undergone IVF procedure for about 3 times,one time i got pregnant but than miscarriage in my 6th week . So is there any better chance that i will conceive again as i have conceived before? and should i change my doctor or go for the same doctor again?

Symptoms: Problem of PCOS

Doctor: Hello,If your husband is suffering from azoospermia which means no sperm then the only way to conceive is through a D ONOR SPERM.IVf if the only technique which should be employed in this case where your ovum can be harvested from your ovaries under ultrasound guidance and fertilised in an external controlled environment with a donor sperm and then at the blastocyst stage of the embryo, can be implanted in your uterus. But prior to that your uterine endometrium has to be prepared with estrogenisation to receive the embryo for better chances of implantation.Ivf is your best option, as you have conceived once then there are chances that you can get pregnant with ivf THOUGH THE SUCCESS RATES worldwide is 30-35 percent.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards