Jenia

Patient

Q: My daughter 12 yes old received her last gardasell booster yesterday. She through up 2times last night her body aches and has a fever of 100.9 and she has a really bad headache. Should I bring her to the er or wait and take her to the Dr tomorrow?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for question. We are uncertain if your daughter is having a minor reaction to her HPV vaccine booster, or whether it may be a more serious reaction. We recommend that it is would be best to ere on the side of caution and take her to the ER. Common side affects of this vaccine include some mild irritation at the injection site and headaches.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com