Jogging on treadmill ran on treadmill before getting pregnant.

Patient

Q: I am 3 weeks pregnant can I still jog on d treadmill. I always ran with the last 2 years and want to keep this up

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

A:   Hi welcome to Ask The Doctor,

Going for a run is a quick and effective way to work your heart and body, giving you a mental and physical boost when you feel tired. Plus, like walking, it's easy to fit into your schedule. If you ran regularly before getting pregnant, it's fine to continue — as long as you take some precautions and first check with your doctor or midwife.

Whether you're pregnant or not, running can be hard on your knees. During pregnancy, your joints loosen, which makes you more prone to injury. So unless you're an avid runner, you should probably steer clear of this form of workout at least until after your baby arrives.

Hope this helps.