Judy

Patient : I put some bengay on my leg. I washed my hands with soap and water. A few minutes later I was rubbing my gum because it was sore and was left with a taste in my mouth. Should I be worried?
Doctor :   Slight consumption does not effect much. Bengay is an analgesic ointment meant for external use only. It should not be c onsumed, but accidental tasting is not dangerous. After accidental tasting, do not swallow saliva, instead spit it out. You must immediately wash your mouth by brushing and gargling. If you have any bloating or pain in abdomen, rush o emergency, but that rarely happens. Don't worry take the precautions and be safe.