Just Tonsillitis??

Patient

Q: I woke up last Sunday morning with an extremely painful throat, I could barely swallow or talk, had pain in my ears and neck, a terrible headache and was very sleepy. By Monday mid-morning I decided to visit my doctor as I had returned from Gambia the previous Friday, She diagnosed tonsillitis, although I had my tonsils out 15 years ago and prescribed penicillin for 10 days. I have been taking it since and my throat is much better (a little pain but mostly just still uncomfortable and scratchy now) but I know have a very tickly cough, stuffy and runny nose and very blocked sinuses and am still very headachey, lethargic and sleepy, though not sleeping well.

Is this just tonsillitis and should it clear up with the penicillin?

Doctor