K Wire Removal Complications

Patient : I recently had a k wire removed to fix my broken hand. It hurt coming out and was fine on the day it was removed. But the following day I woke up and it was swollen and I have not been able to move my pinky properly. The doctor said it was just bad immflammation but its been 5 days now and the immflammation hasn't gone done. I am currently taking antibiotics and diclofenac for the pain. Should I be worried?
Doctor :   You should allow some more time for the inflammation to resolve. It may take 2 weeks for complete resolution to occur. C ontinue taking your medications as prescribed, I am sure your symptoms will resolve in a couple weeks and you will be able to return your normal activities.