Keeping penis foreskin retracted at all times

Patient: I am male, 24 yrs of age. My question is regarding my penis foreskin. I have been cleaning it regularly and have been doing the retracting exercises for about 4 years now. Sometimes i forget to do it and after 4 days of continuously not retracting the foreskin, the pee hole becomes very small. So I’m planning to keep my foreskin retracted and locked behind the glans at all times so that the pee hole of penis foreskin does not get small again and so that i wont have to perform retraction exercises. I dont want to get circumcised. My question is, Is it alright to keep foreskin retracted at all times? I know glans will lose sensitivity upto certain extent. Its ok for me. Also is there any chances of foreskin getting infected as it will stay behind glans for so long time? Kindly answer my questions and tell me whether its a go ahead for keeping foreskin retracted at all times. Thank You

Doctor: Thank you for your question. We do not recommend that you do this. It is possible that you could be suffering from a con dition called phimosis which causes the foreskin to become narrowed and tightened. If this tightened foreskin is retracted behind the glans penis, it can actually restrict the blood supply to it resulting in ischemic damage to the glans, and tissue necrosis. This is a serious medical emergency which needs to be avoided. In order to treat this condition, you may be benefit from prescription topical corticosteroid creams. If this does not work, circumcision may indicated. In order to preserve the foreskin, a dorsal slit procedure can be be performed to relieve treat the phimosis. Please refrain from keeping your foreskin retracted, and have your doctor examine the are to determine what will be the best treatment option for you.Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com