Kegel exercises and Premature Ejaculation

Q: Can kegel exercises cause premature ejaculation at some time and what should I do? I found some articles and sites on the internet, that have very critical articles on those exercises (for men). Currently, I have been doing them for some time and my PE problem has become more worse. My pelvic area is very sensitive now and I don't know what to do. Thank you for your time!

A:   Kegel exercises are done to help strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. The pelvic floor muscles help control your urine flow. There is no evidence that shows that kegel exercises help in premature ejaculation.
Premature ejaculation is mainly a psychological problem. There may be increased levels of anxiety and stress to perform. Relieving anxiety by communicating with your partner and reducing stress by meditation, exercise will help.
Another method is the start-stop method that increases the ejaculatory control. If these measures do not help, I would suggest that you consult your doctor, medications like Dapoxetine (an antidepressant) may help in sever cases of premature ejaculation.