Keloid Scar on Head for Past 4 years

Patient : Do keloids last a lifetime? I have one from surgery (brain surgery) and its been there for almost 4 years now. Will it ever go away?
Doctor :   Unfortunately, keloid sars are permanent and do not usually resolve without treatment of some kind. there are several di fferent treatment modalities that can be used to treat Keloids. Laser therapy Steroid injection into scars Various medications Occlusive dressings Radiation therapy Surgical removal The type of treatment used is determined by the size of the scar, location and other factors such as depth of the scar.