Kidney stone on left side of my stomach for second time

Patient : I got kidney stone on my left side 2months back,of 4mm size stone.As it got infection I undergone lithotripsy.Now again I felt pain and on scanning came to know that there is a 7-8mm size stone on the same side.Can you suggest a solution for this.Why did it occur again?
Symptoms:  Severe pain in the left side of the stomach
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query, The recurrence of a kidney stone can be attributed to poor water intake and kidney fu nction. The presents 7-8 mm stone can again be tried with lithotripsy to be broken and pass it out naturally but in case it doesn't then you may have to undergo a surgical procedure for removal. Please consult your physician for details and further plan for action and take an informed decision. Regards