Kindly reply the query as confused on same about FSHX.

Patient

Q: What does FSH X means in regular check up during pregnancy. Need to under stand if this an indication abouth the gender prediction.

Symptoms:  No symptoms related as such
Doctor

A:   The meaning should not be interpreted out of context. FSH stands for Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) that is one of the most important hormones involved in the natural menstrual cycle as well as in pharmacological (drug-induced) stimulation of the ovaries. It is the main hormone involved in producing mature eggs in the ovaries. FSH is the same hormone that is contained in the injectable gonadotropins which are used to produce multiple eggs for infertility treatment. FSH measurement is rarely indicating in pregnancy. X may mean a Fragile X mutation too! Please seek clarifications from the appropriate staff who wrote the document in which "FSH X" appear.