Kissing and HIV

Patient : Hi, my gf is hiv positive and i am not. when we were kissing the other day we got a little rough and her lip got bit and she was bleeding a little which we realized after kissing. im sure the saliva and blood were in my mouth too. Does this put me at a high risk for infection?
Doctor :   I understand your concern about HIV transmission; surely any contact with HIV infected blood would put you in risk at so me degree.In your case the probabilities are minor after a kiss, but if you had an open wound inside your mouth, certainly there could be a chance. There has not been any documented HIV transmission due to kissing, and certainly is not a way of acquiring it, however since you might have intimate contact with this person, you might want to screen for HIV.