Knee aching and palpable pea sized lump

Q: Hello I am concerned about a knee issue that i've been having, about 6mo ago I had to take down a patient and I fell hard on my left knee, I had the usual knee aching and such but it went away, weeks to a month or 2 if i barley touched it or brushed it on a hard surface i'd get this extreme pain in my knee cap, like nerve wise, well long story short yesterday I noticed my knee was aching for some reason, as i felt my knee cap I noticed and felt a little movable lump pea sized, it doesn't hurt to touch but when I bend my knee i can feel the bump or such like popping over something and it slight hurts, or when I bend down it aches, I've been reading about bursitis but I don't have swelling or such but it has been aching tonight…. I freak out if it's cancer or such lol but i mean i did fall on it and it hurt time to time but the lump isn't big, it's small but still palpable… any ideas to ease my mind???gonna be seeing my Orthopedic soon to figure this out…..

Symptoms:  Left knee aching, no major swelling, not painful to touch, is movable, pea sized lump, upper knee cap area,