Knee cap dislocation for many years

Q: I was 16 years old in 2004, my knee damaged by an action of half squat.The knee cap dislocation at that time, but the knee cap restore to the normal position after my leg unbend, so the knee cap dislocation not be found by my doctor during that time.
It be diagnosed as a slight cruciate ligament injury, so doctor fitted plasterboard to my leg for several weeks.
It seems like convalesced. But I always felt that something stuck my knees, in 2008, doctor found a loose bodies in my knee area after MRI, then I did a joint bodies removal surgery.
Last year, my knee cap moved again when I did half squat action, and it return to normal position soon after I stand up. But doctor can not see any problem after X-ray and CT.
And this July, it happened again. I change a doctor and he finally found my problem is knee cap dislocation and after MRI doctor suggest me to do a surgery..
My question one is should I do the surgery ?
question two is:this problem is already for many years, is other problem might be lead to ?