Knee clonking with pain

Q: Recently i have been having issues with my right knee. I have had issues since i was about 16 but only very occasionally, however, in the last month it has been happening very regularly; 2-3 times a week. My knee seems to pop or rather, clonk. It happens when i kneel or squat down and recently when i have stood up from my chair (when i have my leg crossed over the other one) it is painful (7/10 pain) i have to stand up and straighten my leg completely out, sometimes even have to push on the knee to get to go really straight and it clonks again. When it clonks the second time the lower portion of my leg (tibia??) seems to move to the left about an 1" and the pain resolves. It is sore for a few days and becomes swollen, but i am able to walk fine. Before it is straightened out all the way, the main pain is in the back of my knee. I am a 20 yr old female, played soccer, basketball, track in High-school had a few bumps and bashes to the knee but nothing that put me out of the game. i am otherwise very healthy 5'9" / 150lb / also righthanded.
What do you think it is? is it my knee dislocating and then going back in? i would be interested in your thoughts.

Thank you!

Symptoms:  Knee Pain,

Thanks for your query
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You may be having meniscus injury in your knee. You can take analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. It can be confirmed by MRI scan. After confirmation its treatment is arthroscopic meniscus repair or removal. Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.