Knee discomfort from last 3 months

Q: 3 months back i played badminton barefoot for quite a long time and from that day onwards my right knee started giving small pain (discomfort). The location of the pain i cannot identify as i feel discomfort all around the knee. ( but i think the origin of the pain is below the kneecap and on the tibia bone.)

I had applied some local ointments but it has not help my cause. I fear it is something more than the normal pain.

What should be the cause of the pain and how i can get relief from this pain. Also suggest any exercises
for this kind of pain.

Please help

Symptoms:  Other things about my pain
1) A paindiscomfort is very slight but it is continuous. Frequency of the pain haven't increased from 3 months.
2) It seems like my knee cannot carry the load, if i give slightly more weight on right leg
3) right knee makes "click click" sound occasionally when i bend it.