Knee Fracture

Patient : I have tibial plateau fracture with MCL sprain grade 1 and partial pattelar tendon tear also am pregnant in 34 weeks i made splint now for 6 weeks my doctor said i should do exercise for the quadrecipes muscle and straight leg raise while am in the splint , does this affect the fracture healing?? he told me that i can change the splint by dynamic splint after 2 weeks (8 weeks after injury) as am going to delivery ,does it affect on fracture and tendons or it is OK ? how often should i do x-ray or MRI for follow up?? how long does healing take ?
Doctor :   Lower limb fractures typically take approximately 12 weeks to heal. However, you have tendon injuries as well so your re covery time will be a bit longer. The exercises your doctor has recommended is to strengthen the surrounding muscles which can become weak if not used for long periods. These exercises will not affect the healing of your fractures. You will not need to do any imaging test until the splint is to be removed.