Knee is making a rattling sound

Patient

Q: Hi doctor my knees make a rattling sound when i stretch. What could be the problem?

Doctor

A:   This could be due to the components of your knee joint rubbing against each othr causing some friction. It is called Crepitation. It could signify some loss in the amount of fluid in your knee joint.However if it is not creating any problem or pain I wouldnt worry much about it. If it indeed does get worse or you have had some injury prior to this then I would advice you to get an Xray or an ultrasound of the knee done. I hope this helps. All the best.