Knee locking

Patient: I tend to lock my knees when I stand or as some may say ” stand back on my legs.” I just recently got a job where I am on my feet at least 10 hours a day 5 days a week. Well lately I have been having lots of knee pain because of the fact I lock my knees when I stand. The pain does not usually start until I’m off my feet. Is there anything I can do or take to reduce the pain?

Symptoms: Knee aches

Doctor: Since your job involves lot of standing, knee pains are quiet common. Moreover you lock knees which might relieve you fr om pain, but is associated with its long term side effects on circulation and knee pains. It is better to change your job pattern at the earliest to avoid further health implications. Regular physio therapeutic exercises will be helpful in relieving pain, but rest is first modality of treatment advised. Consult an orthopedician for further advise.