Knee pain

Patient

Q: I am A 30 year old male, who has had 4 knee surgeries on my right knee. Three of the surgeries were related to the meniscus. I had a Meniscectomy on the medial meniscus and repair done to the lateral meniscus. I also had surgery done for plica syndrome. During one of my MRI my doctor advised me that there were signs of osteonecrosis. I recently have injured my knee again playing golf. To date the pain and swelling have been worse than any other time. I have had trouble with my knee since the original injury. I have had to stop doing activities due to pain and fear of another injury.
I was wandering if I should start to consider a knee replacement using the 30 year knee from Smith and Nephew. It is a quality of life issue at this point. I don't know what else to do if I am going to have trouble with it all the time. I appreciate your time and advice.

Michael

Doctor