Q: I'm seventeen and very active so this is not an injury caused from inactivity.
It is difficult to ascertain the exact position in my knee that hurts, but after sitting down with my knees bent (sitting on feet) for anytime over five minutes my knees begin to ache. When I begin to straighten my leg, I get a stiff pain in my knee that forces me to have to straighten my leg extremely slowly. (Seating position picture attached)

I also dance, and there is a move that requires me to jump from a low squat with my knees together, hands out in front on the floor with my body hunched forward, to middle splits with my hands remaining on the floor. On some occasions I get a sharp pain in my left knee when jumping out of the squat. The pain is so severe that I can't push through, but instead have to stop what I'm doing. The only problem is that the pain doesn't linger so I am yet to know the exact position of where the pain is coming from.

Just some additional information, my left knee also constantly clicks when I walk. This has happened for a few years now so it may not have anything to do with it. I am also in the middle of a training program for my Physical Education subject at school and I fortunately do not have any pain or discomfort when undertaking endurance training. I also sometimes have pains in my left hip, particularly at the front when walking in the position where I transfer my weight to my right leg.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I truly appreciate it.