Knee pain

Q: Extreme knee pain.

Symptoms:  Over the past 3 months my knee has been hurting. At first it wasn't that bad so it didn't alarm me. Last month though it has been AWFUL! The pain is so bad I can barely go up/down stares, walk or stretch. Now this might be enough to send me to the doctor BUT I am changing doctors because mine DOESN'T and WONT do ANYTHING. She will just LOOK at it and say I'm fine! Anyhow I have pain on the right side of my left knee. It's around the knee cap area and a bit more to the right. Its kind of in a sort of groove. Also I have stopped stretching it just to make sure I don't injure it further. I have resting it and using my crutches too.

About 2 weeks ago I was getting ready for bed and all of a sudden I could not stand on it or put pressure on it. The pain went all the way down to my ankle and all the way up to my hip. I was crying and nearly screaming because it hurt so bad. There are only 2 things i can think of that MAYBE have a correlation to the pain but I don't know because there is nothing else I could of done that would of injured it.

1. I have a benign tumor on the right side of one of my knees. BUT i cant remember which one.

2. Nearly a year ago I managed (in gymnastics) to hyper-extend, dislocate, AND sprain my knee at the same time. Doctors don't consider my dislocation a real one because my bone poped into place on its own...sort of.

The pain is an incredibly sharp pain that goes through my knee. It feels like somebody shot me in the knee when ever I walk or stretch. Strange thing is when I'm tumbling on the tramp it doesn't hurt AT ALL. Another thing I've noticed is that occasionally when i am resting my knee some muscles feel like they are twitching. My knee does not hurt when its relaxed.

By the way I am done growing, I'm 5'3 if your wondering. Oh and I quit gymnastics in late July last year. I really hope you can help. Thanks in advance!