Knee pain after 30 years of no pain after knee surgery

Patient : I had massive knee surgery 30 years ago and within the last year my knee has become extremely unstable.
Symptoms:  Getting up from a seated position and knee giving way or walking and having knee just give way.
Doctor :   Hello Thank you for posting your query on ATD. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It may b e likely that you got osteoarthritis of the knee joint. You can get x-ray of the knee in standing to know it. Glucosamine and analgesic such as ibuprofen is helpful. Quadriceps exercises are helpful. Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.