Knee pain after auto accident

Patient

Q: I have been going to physical therapy for almost 9months after a car accident. I hit the inside of my right knee on the dashboard and the lower half is still numb. It locks up when I use an elipyical or when I run, but doesn't hurt too bad to just walk and do normal activities. What's wrong with me? MRI?

Doctor

A:   You mostly might have suffered from Internal Derrangement of Knee (IDK) during the trauma/accident. You might had ligament injury internal to knee which are realetd to the symptoms you have been complaining. An MRI is indicative as it can diagnose the condition easily. Arthroscopy done by an orthopedician can be both diagnostic and therapeutic. Consult an orthopedician for further evaluation and followup treatment.