Knee pain after falling (no swelling or bruises)

Patient

Q: Hello,
Exactly a week ago I fell at my figure skating class on my knee doing a jump, but it really wasn't a hard fall. My knee has been hurting ever since (right knee, right side) expecially after I run in gym class (then it hurts more on the left side), or when I am carrying heavy weights, for example my books, and walking up stairs, a sharp pain comes after I "release" the strain. I can walk, it is stable and never showed any signs of swelling, bruising or anything that would signal an injury. However, I cannot do anymore jumps because I have to land them on the leg with the hurt knee, and it is somewhat painful. I am icing it and elevating it when I sleep, everyday, but it has been the same pain all week, never getting worse nor better.
Would this heal on its own, or do I need to do something else besides icing and hope for the best?
Thanks in advance!

Doctor