Knee Pain after Jarring Knee

Q: I was power walking last Thursday and tripped over an uneven sidewalk. My foot went full force into the raised sidewalk and I jarred my knee. I get an immediate sharp pain in my knee that made me pull my leg up and hold it and I actually ended up falling down I was in so much pain. I could finish hobbling the two houses home, but it continues to hurt especially when straightening my leg, turning my knee and standing for any period of time. I also had tingling sensations from my knee down to my ankle on Saturday. Any idea what I could have done?

Symptoms:  Constant aching pain in my knee, mostly behind my knee cap and below my knee cap; sharp pain in knee when straightening or pivoting; swelling behind knee and below knee; slight bruising below knee