Knee pain after long time of sitting in a bus

Patient: My both the knees pain when I travel in a bus overnight (about 6 hours at a stretch). When I try to move my legs after prolonged sitting, i get severe pain in knee joints. After first movement happens, then it becomes normal or less pain. After 15 minutes pain disappears automatically.Pl. suggest what to do

Doctor: The knee pain that shows up when sitting for a long time, ascending/descending stairs or do activities that requiere fre quent kneeling, is the most common presentation of the Patello Femoral Syndrome or Chondromalacia Patella. .” The causes are diverse: Overuse (repetitive use or activity), overloading, and misuse of the patellofemoral joint. The suggested strategy for conservative treatment should be as follows: Physical therapy program (exercises and pain control with TENS, ultrasound, ice packs after exercises), anti-inflammatory drugs (i.e.: “Aleve”, “Advil”), education  about which activities avoid because those can aggravate patellofemoral syndrome. Also, and very important, is to remark the need for extended adherence to the exercise regimen even at home. Allow time for these conservative measures (ei: exercise program) to have an effect, usually 4-6 weeks is adequate for some resolution of symptoms.