Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Knee pain after sport injury

Knee pain after sport injury

Patient: I hurt my knee last year during wrestling and never had it checked out. I went for an MRI last week and was told nothing was wrong. However, my knee is in pain whenever I bike or do any physical activity, while the other one is fine. What should I do?

Symptoms: Knee popping, pain inside side of knee

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.If your MRI Knee joint is normal then this is a good news that there is no ligament i njury.I would advise you to avoid straining of knee. Avoid squatting positions.Learn and Practice knee strengthening exercises.Do hot fomentation of the knee joint.You can apply Diclofenac gel locally over the area in case of pain.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.

View all posts