Knee Pain After Weird Popping

Q: Hi my name is Dawn, I'm an 18 year old female from California. Three Saturdays ago, in the afternoon, I was in my typical ballet class and I did a cartwheel and as I landed the outside and back of my left knee popped. I felt horrible pain for about 10 minutes and then it started to feel a little better. However when I tried to straighten it and put weight on it, it felt wobbly and it hurt really bad. So since that incident I've rested it, iced it, wrapped it, and made sure nothing was broken or out of place. It slowly got better and I could fully straighten and bend it and walk on it fine. It was a little unstable when I tried to stand on one foot on the ball of my feet with my heels lifted, but for the most part it felt alright. Well today, Monday around 7:45, I was doing a move in ballet and when I landed it popped again in the same spot and I got that horrible shooting pain for about 10 minutes again. It started to feel better, but now it still hurts and I can't dance on it or walk with it straightened all the way.

I just want to know if there is any explanation for what is going on with my knee!? As I said before all the bones are in the right place, nothing broken. I looked up torn ACL videos because I thought that might be it, but all the videos seemed worse than what I was going through. My knee has never popped like this before, and I've never had any surgeries or any injury's prior to this. It's horrible having to just sit and HOPE it gets better, because I want to dance but my knee just won't let me! Also, my mother thinks it will be a waste of time to go to my doctor, that's why I am asking on here.