Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Knee pain all around the knee

Knee pain all around the knee

Patient: I am 40 yrs old, been having pain all around left knee for about 2 weeks now, pain starts on both sides, as it gets worse, travels around to back of knee, then goes down back of leg to ankle, as well goes down front of shin, doctor told me cartilage tear or ligament tear, any suggestions on exercises to help with pain until next doctor appointment, June 27

Doctor: You already have two previous knee surgeries in the left knee according to the past medical history that you provided. T hen in the view that you are still having problems with the same knee I strongly recommend a comprehensive evaluation, including new imaging tests (MRI) to determine which structures are having problems this time and proceed accordingly with the right treatment choice.