Knee Pain & Knocking

Q: I am 42 yrs old. I am suffering from Knee pain for nearly 3-4 months. I had shown to the doctor, and doctor asked to do MRI scan. I somehow ignored it, feeling it will go off by natural medication and exercise. I have been regularly using the knee cap since then. There was some comfort but the pain still persists. Now i have difficulty in walking. I just visited doctor day before yday and he asked for a blood checkup & MRI. Please advise complete treatment procedure for long run. It should not be expensive, i would want to avoid any surgeries, keep healthy on the long run. I have also been feeling some weakness in the ankles & joints. I have been sporty and healthy in my young age. Location - India (Bangalore/Pune)

Symptoms:  Knee pain, Knocking, Right Knee, Difficulty in knee bending, walking.
Slight Pain in left knee too.