Knee Pain and Brace Advisory

Patient : I went to the doctor last week and was told that I strained the ligament on the inside of my left knee (tibial collateral ligament). I also have a cyst under my knee cap. I have a brace that I wear when I play sports but it is still noticeable irritated when I come home. I am going through physical therapy but will not start for a couple more days. What kind of brace should I get? And what should I do to reduce my pain? I am already taking prescription pain killers and icing a lot but I am unable to fall asleep as well.
Symptoms:  Pain under the knee cap and on the inside of my left knee.