Knee pain and numb foot

Patient

Q: My left knee has been hurting for months off and on no matter I'm doing if I'm sitting, standing, or even laying down in bed. My foot also sometimes will go numb. Do you have any idea why?

Doctor

A:   Hi, Knee pain is very common in athletes, and most of the time it is due to injury to the ligaments, meniscus and runners knee. Symptoms vary depending on the specific knee injury. But things to look for, pain often bending or straightening the knee joint and swelling around the joint. I would advise you go see an orthopedician and you may need Xrays and MRI or MR arthrogram.