Ask The Doctor > Pending > Knee pain and swelling after knee surgeries

Knee pain and swelling after knee surgeries

Patient: I had meniscus surgery on one knee in 2008 and has experienced pain a few times but never like this. I can’t do squats without a clicking, walking has become a challenge and my knees are swollen all the time now. I was very active in sports up until 2013 and then it very light because I had meniscus surgery in my other knee that year. After that it was maybe once a week when I had the time to workout. Last week I attended an intense rugby practice that involved a lot of running and the pain just intensified. Like I said up above I can’t workout because of the pain and swelling and the pain is bad when I walk or climb stairs. I was just wondering what might be wrong and is it worth seeing a doctor about?

Symptoms: Clicking of knee, swelling, pain in knee

Doctor: