Knee Pain- Could playing Tennis on Hard court be a problem?

Patient

Q: Hello,

I am 26 years old, female. I have been experiencing a sharp pain in my right knee when I bent on it. I used to play tennis in the summer of 2012, and once fell on my knee hurting it externally. That is, I had a minor wound on my knee. Soon into fall we stopped playing. But ever since I have been experiencing a pain in my right knee while bending it. The pain is becoming more intense while bending. None while I am standing or siting.

Please advise me as to what might be the cause of this pain. Could it be the fall I encountered, or could it have begun just because of the game on hard court?

Summer is approaching, and I am thrilled to play more of Tennis. Can I continue the game? Should I be wearing any knee braces? The ones that are available in Walgreens?

Doctor