Knee pain during certain activities

Patient : Hello, 2 weeks ago I injured me knee at work. I was in a squat position and lifting something fairly heavy. All of a sudden I felt and heard a crunching type sound in my right knee. It didn't hurt terribly bad, only mildly, and for the rest of the day my knee felt fine. The next day I was hardly able to walk and when I did walk it was with a profound limp. Since then I can now walk without any pain, for the most part. However, if I bend that leg more than 90 degrees(extending the calf towards the quad) I get excruciating pain in my knee. Likewise, i can no longer straighten that leg completely; if I try it hurts very much so. If I jump or run the knee hurts just the same. There is no swelling, that I can tell, or discoloration. If I press on the knee all around, including behind it, and push in deep, I have no pain and I don't feel anything loose/broken or anything odd. Do you have any idea what might be wrong? I can't afford to see a doctor and I'm hoping this isn't serious and that it will fix itself eventually.
Symptoms:  Knee pain when jumping, running, squatting and bending the knee past 90 degrees/straightening the knee.