Knee pain inconsistent and stability worsening - Ehlers Danlos

Patient

Q: I had gone to the doctors last year because of severe pain and pressure in my left knee. I've played a lot of basketball and I've been bowling all of my life, but I've never had any knee injuries. After an MRI, I was diagnosed with patella tendinitis and a partial torn meniscus. I went through 5 weeks of PT and I'd say it helped to rid some of the unbearable pain, but not everything. It's been about 8 months since PT now and the pain is still there everyday, but not always severe like it used to. The biggest difference would be the stability of me knee. It's loose. Very loose. The surgeon made a comment that my joint was much more "free moving" than anyone he's seen before. It's to the point where I wiggle my knee and it bounces all over and I can hear and feel scrapping throughout my knee. Oddly enough, it's not really painful, but it's still preventing me from doing anything extremely active.

Here's the kicker. I also have a condition called Ehlers Danlos. None of my doctors nor my surgeon has ever really been able to give me any solid information on it. All I know is it's a tissue connectivity disorder that allows my joints to be move more than that what they should.

I know I need to go see the surgeon again and figure out what's going on, but does it sound like I'll be able to get help from surgery or typical treatments?

Doctor