Knee Pain on outside of left knee after 110 mile bike ride.

Patient: Hi, I am having knee pain in the outisde of my knee. I recently completed a 110 mile bike ride on Friday. The pain didn’t start until Monday, and increased very gradually (no one event in which I hurt it) to the point where it is extremely painful at times today. It hurts most when I am using it, especially going down stairs. It feels best after I have been resting it (after I wake up, have been sitting down at my desk etc). There might be a small amount of swelling but nothing too noticeable. As a background, I’m a 24 year old active male.Thanks!

Symptoms: Knee pain when active – especially walking down stairs.

Doctor: HiThanks for your queryI have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are having muscular pain du e to fatigue of muscles due to long bike ride. Treatment of it is analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Rest will be useful. Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.