Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Knee pain on right side when extended, bend and walking

Knee pain on right side when extended, bend and walking

Patient: I’ve been in a air cast since November for a stress fracture to my foot. When I was 16 I partially dislocated my knee. My knee is now hurting on the right side when I walk, extend my leg or bend my knee. My knee is also a tad purple but it always has been, but there is a cracking noise when my knee extend also.

Symptoms: Pain with knee on right side

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.It seems you have got Ligament injury of the knee joint. This can b e Anterior Cruciate Ligament or can be Posterior Cruciate Ligament.I advise in such scenario to get MRI of the affected knee. It will clear the picture.Also, in such scenario I advise my patients to do ice fomentation and apply local Anti inflammatory pain killer gels like Volini.In cases of severe pain, painkillers like Etoricoxib helps but you need to get them prescribed.If you have any further query please ask me.Stay Healthy.