Knee pain that occurs once in a while?

Patient : Ever since I can remember I have been getting random pains in my knee that make it feel as though it needs to be popped; like a knuckle. The pain is usually just on my right knee and it only happens once in a while but I was wondering what it could be. Also my mom suffers from the same thing.
Doctor :   Its hard to say what it can be without an MRI being performed. I would definitely see if you can make an appointment to get an MRI done so they can see what the problem is and fix it. It can be anything from ligament damage to cartilage damage to meniscus damage. Best bet would be to have that MRI. Hope this helps.