Knee Pain when I sit, walk, or put pressure on it, anything I do aggravates the knee.

Q: My knee has been hurting for like a week and a half now and it hurts to walk, sit, and when I put pressure on it. I have iced it and elevated it all the time at night when I go to sleep. Nothing i do works. Whats wrong with it?

Symptoms:  I have very sharp pain in the front of my knee (kneecap) and very little on the lower half on the side and little pain in the back of it. that comes and goes. i could be doing nothing and it hurts. i can't walk,sit, or put pressure on it without it hurting.