Knee pain while bending knee with weight on it

Q: I started having knee pain right under my knee cap about 2 months ago. At first it was just with activity but over the past weeks it has gotten much worse and now it hurts all the time, even when I'm sitting. It only swells after activity. I have tried icing it but it doesn't seem to help anymore. I am a competitive dancer and bending my knee with weight on it hurts very badly and I have to do that a lot during dance. Please help, it has started affecting my dancing and I am constantly in pain because of it. Thanks.

Symptoms:  Pain under kneecap while bending with weight, pain with walking, pain with stairs, knee giving out