Knee pain...bursitis?

Q: A few months ago I noticed when i bent down I heard a crucnhy noise and a little pain.The pain has been on and off since then. The pain is here and there while laying, sitting down and sometimes while walking. However, this past Thursday or Friday i believe it caught up with me as the pain became worse and I had some swelling/ pain above, below, on the sides and occasionaly on the knee cap itself. May I also add that Tuesday and Thursday I did some yard work (mowing (my front and backyard is not flat), trimming, putting leaves in bags, making piles of leaves and twigs) and I believe thats what aggravted it even more. I did some research and thought it may be bursitis. Since the research I have been staying off my feet as much as possible (I have a toddler) as well as putting ice on it and elevating it and it feels like it has gotten so much better. I have been taking amino acids and omega 3 to help with inflmmation and any repair. Also, as i have been resting my knees I can feel like little air bubbles popping around in there, is that normal?

I have been trying to look back and see what could have triggered it. The only things that come to mind is at the time my daughter just turned 1 years old and was teething. I held her almost all day standing up and picking her up and putting her down, my feet hurt and it was very tiring. I also began doing squats for about 1-2 weeks and when I felt that it was hurting more than helping I stopped. Also, I have steps in my home which I tend to sprint up rather than walk up.

I need to know if it could possibly be anything else and if I have overlooked anything or misdiagnosed my self as well as any other remedies that may help. I have not had any blows or impacts to the knee nor any cuts. While doing the yard work I did get bit several times by mosquitos, dont know if that means anything but the more information the better. I am 24 years old and female.

Symptoms:  pain on sides, top, and bottom of knee. Occasionaly pain t knee cap. Some swelling in those reas as well.