Knee pains 12 days after an RTA with no improvement

Patient : Hello, 12 days ago I was involved in a RTA resulting in lower back pain and knee pain. I applied ice and elevated my leg however i keep feeling a hot sensation under my kneecap. More recently in between the hot pain i get a wet feeling on my knee. I saw a Doctor a week ago but he just advised me to take anti-inflammatories and paracetamol however im still in pain. Do you think its too early to go back to the Doctor?
Symptoms:  Pain behind kneecap, hot sensation in knee. intermittent wet feeling on knee.